SPADAC – Your Apprentice in Safe Hands
The Scottish Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship Council (SPADAC) exists to provide a quality registration system for apprentice painters and decorators in Scotland.
We do this by regulating the working conditions, wages and recruitment, and by designing the training and qualifications of apprenticeships in Scotland.
Established in 2009 at the request of the industry, SPADAC is a partnership with CITB and SQA and now registers 80% of CITB’ apprentices in Scotland.
Through our partnerships, we provide SCORElink cards, apprentice scheme cards, agreements and contracts.
And through our manufacturing network, we supply apprentices with a comprehensive toolkit in their first year through the SPADAC scheme.
SPADAC is a registered Scottish Charity wholly owned and administered by the Scottish Decorators’ Federation.
What we do
On completion of the apprentice registration form, and payment of a one-off registration fee of £35.00, we will:
- Register the apprentice with the appropriate course;
- Once registered, we will advise the employer of all appropriate details;
- Provide a registration card for the apprentice which gives all their necessary details;
- Provide a comprehensive toolkit for all apprentices;
- Provide a SCORE Link card for the length of the apprenticeship;
- Provide, at no cost, a SCORE Card when the apprentice successfully reaches completion of the apprenticeship;
- Record all the details of units achieved when the apprentice undertakes their college course;
- Provide the employer with a specific password so the apprentice’s progress can be checked;
- Record any certification of ad-hoc courses undertaken with the National Training Group together with any completed qualifications such VQs, PASMA, Ladder Safety, SCORE etc.